What is a confirmation statement?
A confirmation statement is a filing that every company must submit to Companies House at least once every 12 months. It allows companies to report changes and confirm a number of different aspects about the company, including the SIC codes, share capital, shareholders, and the trading status of the company’s shares.
Additionally, it also confirms that all other information the company has reported at Companies House (for example, director and People with Significant Control details) is up to date and correct.
How often do I need to file a confirmation statement?
Every company needs to file a confirmation statement at least once a year. A company can file as many confirmation statements as it wants during this period, but to fulfil its obligations a minimum of one needs to be delivered to Companies House every 12 months.
Failure to do so may lead to the company being struck off and the director(s) liable to prosecution.
How does the service work?
- Select the Standard or Express Service
- Enter the required details in the online form, checkout and pay
- We will email you an online questionnaire for you to complete
- Your confirmation statement will be filed, based on your answers to the questionnaire
- We will confirm the acceptance of your confirmation statement by email
- This service is renewable on an annual basis at a cost of £44.99 +VAT